November 8-11, 2023 with Shir Shemesh
For Shir, practicing yoga is like going into nature and breathing clean air after staying in the city for too long: “Yoga teaches that there is a lot of peace and joy inside each one of us that doesn’t depend on anything external. Yoga is a spiritual path for my life.”
Music has been Shir’s main passion and occupation since childhood, playing the recorder and violin. Today he shares his love of music and his sense of divine consciousness, by leading Kirtan sessions (chanting mantras). Shir is also inspired by the healing power of magical sounds and uses them in his regular yoga classes.
His first teacher-training course was a Sivananda Yoga teacher training. In this one-month life transforming experience, Shir discover his life purpose as sharing this beautiful gift of yoga with others.
In his quest of searching more subtle experience of yoga and understanding how to strive towards yoga, Shir looked for a living master. At that time he found his Guru, Sri Dharma Mittra. By meeting him Shir felt that many question marks about how to live yoga fully were answered. That meeting helped Shir to have a rapid progress in his own Sadhana (practice of yoga towards self-realization). Shir completed the advance teacher training with Dharma Mittra, with eternal feeling of gratefulness.
Over the last 7 years he travels all over the world to teach and inspire. All this would not be possible without invoking the feeling of his-own deep inner base, through the practice of yoga.
From November 2015 on Shir have been teaching in various teachers training courses, in different yoga schools around the world, as well as leading teachers training courses on his own. On 2018 establishing Satlaya Yoga with Mariella Matic as a platform for the yoga retreats and TT courses.
Other Yoga styles that influenced Shir’s teachings and practice are Vijnana Yoga, created by Orit San-Gupta in Israel, and the teachings of The Bihar School of Yoga established by Swami Satyananada Saraswati, a disciple of Swami Sivnanada. The Bihar School is focusing on the Tantric path of Yoga.
DISCOUNT for the entire workshop Sat/Sun 70 EUR
- Certified as Sivananda Yoga teacher 200 hours.
- Certified as Dharma Yoga teacher 500 hours, and 800 hours (Only contact hours).
- E-RYT 500 hours Yoga Alliance registered teacher.
- Over 2500 hours and over 8 years of teaching experience.
- Master Degree in medieval music.
- Ayurveda course with Dr. Ahrun Sharma in Dharmasala.
- Thai Yoga Massage course with the Sunshine Network.
- Teaching in various 200 hours and 300 hours Yoga teachers training courses: Anatomy, Philosophy, Asana, Pranayama, Mantras and Chanting, Sound Healing, Teaching Methodology, Tantra Kundalini and more…
For more information about Shir check out these links